Level of Difficulty
Learn how to use a hand swager to crimp the end of stainless wire cable balustrade fittings.
- Take Ferrule and slide it through your wire in one hole
- Loop it back on itself and go back through the other Ferrule hole to create a loop knot
- Grab thimble and attach to the loop then pull the Ferrule back up on itself to secure in place
NOTE: The point of the thimble is to protect the wire from other attachments and fasteners like a saddle
- Grip your Hand Swager and Cutter and put in position on the Ferrule
- Apply pressure and squeeze to shut
- Use the cutter in your Hand Swager if you would like to cut and neaten the ends of the wire.
All materials and tools available from Hammersmith
- 3.2mm Wire Cable Rope- 7x7
- Ferrule for 3.2mm Wire
- Thimble for 3.2mm Wire
- Hand Swager and Cutter for 3.2mm Wire